Lindsay Dubock, CEO of Adcurata Limited and Senior GPs from The Thorndike Health Centre in Rochester met with Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health to outline the increasing concerns of UK GPs over the mounting challenges that they are facing and to discuss ways in which they might adapt their practices to overcome these challenges and those that lie ahead.
The discussions covered a number of key concerns, which included:
- The constraints created by changes to the GP Contract
- New initiatives on issues such as emergency admissions and care plan management, which many professionals consider to be either misconceived or inadequately thought through
- The GP recruitment crisis, which is unlikely to be resolved simply by locating and recruiting a fund of extra GPs
- The commissioning of GP revenue streams
- The implications of future government plans / proposals / innovations to the operation of GP Practices in their role as pivotal primary care providers
In response to these growing concerns, Adcurata offers a dedicated programme, spearheaded by Lindsay, to support GP partners in bringing about the necessary changes to their practices to ensure their future success. Through the introduction of a business model that is geared to identifying areas of vulnerability, improving efficiencies, reducing outgoings and increasing profits, GP partners can create an environment that is streamlined not only to achieving their personal and commercial goals but also to offering an attractive career option to practitioners who are looking for a position in a commercially aware organisation, managed by a strong, flexible and dedicated team, that is able to adapt itself to meet whatever challenges the future may hold.
The Thorndike Practice, through the implementation of this type of innovative change, including the redefining of its business approach and its workforce model, is leading the way in cementing and enhancing its position as an excellent health-care provider, a first-class employer and an attractive, exciting career option for future entrants to the profession.
Image from left to right Kelly Tolhurst, Medway and Rochester councillor, Dr Antonia Moore, Dr Peter Gilbert, Lindsay Dubock, CEO, Adcurata, Dr Gill Fargher and Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health.